Pregnancy loss and the death of a baby: Sands half-day in-house course for professionals
We offer 2 versions:
- Half-day Course Version 1: For 20 participants and under
- Half-day Course Version 2: For 21 to 50 participants
“Really useful session… I now feel more confident in dealing with people who have lost a baby.” Course participant, Medway 2015
Information and prices 2015 - 2016
Aim of the half-day courses
Our Bereavement Care half-day course for professionals has been awarded professional accreditation from the Royal College of Midwives. It lasts 3 hours and aims to enable professionals to gain the essential knowledge and insight to provide good, sensitive care to parents who experience the death of a baby, before, during or shortly after birth. It is suitable for all professionals who provide care for bereaved parents.
At the end of this session participants will be able to:
- Identify the unique impact of grief in relation to pregnancy loss and the death of a baby for parents and their families.
- Understand the key elements of communicating sensitively and effectively with bereaved parents.
- Recognise the importance of on-going support for bereaved parents and the potential impact of their loss on all subsequent pregnancies.
- Morning session plan for Pregnancy loss and the death of a baby: Sands half-day in-house course for professionals.
- Afternoon session plan for Pregnancy loss and the death of a baby: Sands half-day in-house course for professionals.
The cost of each version of the course is £600*.
- Hand-outs for each participant which includes information on bereavement care for the individual professional as well as practical information for the maternity unit.
- A set of our publications (both for professionals and for parents and their families) that will be displayed in the workshop and then be given to the hospital, university or organisation.
- Trainers’ fee, expenses and all administrative costs.
*Please contact us to discuss if cost is prohibitive as we may be able to find a solution to meet your needs.
What you need to provide
Half-day course version 1 - 20 participants and under:
A large room (not a lecture theatre) with PowerPoint facilities that has capacity for a big semi-circle of up to 20 easily-movable chairs. A projector, screen, flipchart with paper/pens and refreshments.
Half-day course version 2 - 21 to 50 participants:
A room or lecture theatre with PowerPoint facilities. A projector, screen, flipchart with paper/pens and refreshments.
How to book
To book or for more information contact: email@example.com.