You can get in touch by phone, by e-mail, by post, or by fax.
You can choose to phone either the Helpline or the Office
To help you decide which number to ring, please read these short descriptions:
Sands National Helpline: 020 7436 5881
The Helpline is for anyone who has been affected by the death of a baby and wants to talk to someone about their experience.
Most of the people who call the Helpline are parents whose baby has died. Their loss may have been very recent, or may have happened many years ago.
We also welcome calls from:
- Relatives: grandparents, siblings, aunts and uncles or friends
- Health care professionals: GPs, health visitors, hospital staff, mental Health workers
- Other professionals involved with bereaved people: clergy, funeral directors
- Employers who have a bereaved parent returning to work.
The Helpline team are there to listen and give support. They can advise you about finding local help, whether from a Sands group or other counselling services, and have information about other relevant support organisations.
You can email the Helpline directly at helpline(at)uk-sands.org
The Helpline is open 9.30am - 5.30pm, Monday - Friday and Tuesday and Thursday 6 - 10pm.
Sands Head Office: 020 7436 7940
The office admin line is there for a broad range of enquiries relating to stillbirth and neonatal deaths.
We regularly help with information about :
- Contacting a Sands local support group, or other appropriate sources of support,
- Sands publications and resources for bereaved parents and families, including leaflets, books, information sheets, a CD and Sands own newsletter, "Footprints".
- Sands publications and resources aimed at those caring for bereaved parents
- Becoming a member of Sands; donating or helping Sands through volunteering
- Befriending or running a Sands group; we always welcome contact from group members
- Press enquiries.
We will always do our best to help with any enquiry.
The Office is open 10am - 5pm, Monday - Friday
Write to us
28 Portland Place,
Email us using the following addresses
groups(at)uk-sands.org for everything related to local support groups
befriendertraining(at)uk-sands.org for everything related to befriender training
newsletter(at)uk-sands.org for items for consideration in the newsletter
membership(at)uk-sands.org for everything related to membership
personal.experiences(at)uk-sands.org for items to be submitted for inclusion either on the website and/or the newsletter
Send a fax
020 7436 3715
Sometimes members tell us that they feel put off contacting the UK office, not being sure who they might speak to or what sort of things they might talk to us about. Once they do get in touch they realise that in fact we are a small team of friendly, approachable people, operating from a very modest basement office (don't be fooled by the glamorous address!).
We always like to hear from you, whether you want support, information, ideas, a listening ear; whether it is about your personal experience, your experience running a group, talking to health professionals, fundraising, or anything else. It is important for us to hear about what you are doing around the country, as individuals or groups: whether it a success story or it is about the frustrations and difficulties you are experiencing.
We look forward to hearing from you!